Docile Like A Child

(The following is my feeling of gratitude to God, my adoration of Him who made me feel useful even though I am dust and nothing. Written on September 17, 2008 morning, one month after my first encounter with the Blessed Sacrament in a hermitage and one month of whirlwind attendance to the Holy Masses everyday. That morning, I went to see where the sounds of a number of birds were coming from in my parents house. When I saw them in the terrace and got amused with the song-like chorus tweets and chirps they made I was inspired to write this poem. "A poem of appreciation by a (napaka)pilgrim for the spiritual people who was instrumental in finding her way back to God, Jesus and the Catholic Church." Dedicated to the priests and religious women and loved ones who stood by me and whom I met in my journey. The Love of Jesus is alive in them. Thank you very much.)

Docile like a child, you did what the Spirit's leading for the mind.
Acting inspite of hesitations, finding in the end it was all for the sake of His creations.

Docile like a child your prayers resembled hundreds of birds chirping
Yet even how small each is offered to Him
Its compounded fervent utterances filled me with graces to the brim.

Docile like a child, you wait upon His majestic ways,
Allowing me to discover for myself where His future for me lays.
And in His time slowly everything clears,
because as my signpost You surrender only to His Divine steers.

My seeking has been made valuable, because docile like a child
In selflessness you responded to Jesus Christ's call..
My thirst for the sweet honey came like a huge waterfall
For once like a rock but now giving its all.

What a way to spread the sweetness to others who passionately desires
The holiness that only through God we can acquire
Indeed, there is no quench everlasting as the Father's best gift
Sanctifying Love embodied in what the consecrated ones call Eucharist.

Docile like a child, you are a gift from God
For you perceive His beauty through moments that makes souls glad.
Infusing the magic of God like striking clear colors
Giving answers to the most painful of confusions and sorrows.

And so, the beauty of God in me I bless you with
May this wonderful Spirit spread from within you
And make your vocation at its holiest and a joy to live!

Comments